Thursday, September 12, 2013

Post-Cath Update

Jacob's cardiac cath went well, with no complications.  He spent six hours in the recovery ward, and then was discharged to go back to Ronald Mcdonald House with us.  This was a lovely bonus as we had been told to expect him to have an overnight stay.  His oxygen saturations were low for awhile, as low as in the 50s and 60s at some points, but then stabilized at high 70s before his release.  We have five days of wound care to do for his groin area, but other than that he is his happy go lucky self.  I'm thanking God for another safe procedure.  We are still waiting on some answers about his heart, but these won't be given until Monday when the surgical and single ventricle teams meet to discuss.  The final pre-op requirements will be completed Monday morning, and Jake's surgery will be either Tuesday or Friday of next week.  This will be determined at the Monday appointment as well.

Here are Jake and I about half an hour before his Cath...I wish I could give you my whole heart baby boy.  I'd do anything to fix yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment