Friday, June 20, 2014

No Change!

Today was  monthly echo day, and it finished off my  Monthly Anxiety, Stress and Eat Week.  

And this month, it was made worse by my fingers typing searches into Google, I swear it's as though they have a mind of their own.  I know better - the stats are not great - and yet, I couldn't help myself.  After some research through a reputable site, it seems like Jake's combination of defects is around 1 in 100,000 in the likelihood of occurring.  DILV on it's own is 1 in 10,000 but with the Transposing Vessels and Complete Heart Block he's upped himself to 1 in 100,000.  Oh me nerves.

Jake and I get up super early on these days, and he is fasting because of the sedation, so this was Jake at 8:15 in the Cardiology waiting room this morning, and then waiting to be sedated...




Little doll.  The sedation doesn't put him to sleep, it just relaxes him and makes him "high as a kite" as our favourite cardiology nurse Charline says :)  

And then Momma's favourite part of the month...hearing the cardiologist say "no change".  Music to my ears.  Thank you Lord.  Jake's Left Pulmonary Artery is very small and hard to see in an echo, so we may need another CT Scan soon - we'll burn that bridge when we get there.  

Guess what happened this week? My little man hit the big 20 on the scale.  It took him 3 months to go from 18 to 19 pounds, and only 1 month to go from 19 to 20.  Way to go Babycakes.

And in other news, we have a preschool graduate...Words cannot express how proud I am to be Georgia's Mom.  Apparently she wants to be a Swimming Teacher when she grows up :)




Oh, and this week there was another blood donor clinic in honour of Jake's Heart Warrior friend Carly - and I couldn't donate because of my recent tattoo, but Jake's Daddy donated in my stead.  There were 96 blood donations in total making it a phenomenal day for Canadian Blood Services in Newfoundland and Labrador.



This post has been mostly pictures, but sometimes I feel like they tell the best story. And after a week of stressing over the echo I am ready to regroup, clean my house and love my little family.

Heart Hugs to all of our readers.  Thank you for the prayers and encouragement!  


1 comment:

  1. Hai, friends…BBR hospital is the Best cardiology Hospital in Balanagar , specialized in providing best cardiology, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology services and more in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete