Thursday, February 14, 2013

Humbled.

The list of people that I need to say Thank You to is growing daily.  Seriously - I have a list - you should see it! I have been feeling particularly humbled over the past few days by the generosity of the people around me.  People have been generous with their time, with their prayers, with kind words, with their finances.

It's AMAZING.  The financial weight of this trip is being lifted off of our shoulders.  It is more than we ever expected, and is going to take an enormous strain off of us when we are going through the process of the birth, surgery and recovery in the next few months.  3 months is a long time to be living away from home, and an expensive time too.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping us to be able to focus our energy on the most important thing - fixing Jacob's heart and bringing him home.

I feel comfort each day from the prayers that are being sent up for Jacob.  I cannot even count the number of people who assure me each time they see me that they are praying for our family and our baby boy.  A special person who is also a Heart Mom shared the following verse with me:

 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."  (1 Samuel 1:27)  

I'm claiming that verse tonight for Jacob, and for all who are praying for him.

It's a week of transition for me as I prepare to leave my position at work.  I really need the time between now and when we leave for Toronto to prepare for the trip.  Jacob's room needs to be finished and there are many things that have to be sorted out before we go.  Most importantly, I need to spend time with my girl and to focus on her happiness.  I also need to spend time cuddling my sweet nephew Brandon - he will be dearly missed as well.  Stay tuned - we have another ultrasound next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment