Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I love you, old man.

Today is my husband's birthday, and I feel like sharing with the world just how amazing he is.  Jon is an incredible father.  He always has time to get down on the floor and play, to cuddle and to love his kids (and his nephew too!).  I am so thankful that my children have this man for their Dad.  Here's Jon with a very young Jake in May at SickKids hospital.  Look how different Jake looked back then!  They say that it takes a strong man to be able to show his emotions, and Jon and I have been able to cry together and laugh together and love our family together.  That's not to pretend that things are all perfect  - they're not! Having a sick child has put a very real strain on our marriage, but underneath it all one thing remains true - I love this man.  Georgia and Jacob are so very lucky.  I am so very lucky.






Georgia loves her "Dadda" - she is a Daddy's girl through and through.  She also has him wrapped around her little finger, but I know that Jon wouldn't have it any other way.  I think the picture below says it all.





Happy birthday Honey.  I know you don't like attention, but you deserve this post.  Thanks for putting up with me through all my highs and lows, my impossibilities and everything that life has thrown at us in our 11 years together.  I love you, old  man.


No comments:

Post a Comment