Sunday, January 27, 2013

52 Days

There is no place like home! And no better way to arrive home than to a sweet 4 year old screaming Daddy! Momma! and running across the airport to meet us and give us the enormous parrot shaped helium balloon she had picked out for us.  It was only 3.5 days - but it felt much longer to us!  We now have 52 days until we leave for the 2-3 month trip for Jacob's birth. 7.4 weeks, 52 days, 1248 hours.  Let the mental preparation begin.  Over the next few weeks we will be moving our spare room downstairs and completing Jacob's room because we are going to beat this heart defect and bring our baby boy home.  It may be June before he comes home, but he is absolutely coming home.

I'm feeling much more positive than I was when I wrote my last post.  Being home with Georgia, the amazing amount of support and love we are getting from our family and friends, and time to process has made a big difference.  I want to say thank you to those who keep reminding me - over and over again - that God will take care of Jacob.

I'm still tired of telling people that I am "fine" - I'm not fine.  But I am doing much better today than I was yesterday, and that is what I'm focusing on.  Jon is also doing much better today - we were quite the depressing pair over our time in Toronto, which culminated with me having a mental breakdown while on a packed plane that was about to land in Halifax.  Thankfully the other passengers did a good job of pretending to ignore the hormonal, crying, pregnant lady.  And my husband has a really good set of shoulders to cry on.

Jacob is now 2 lbs 13 oz, and has started getting the hiccups 2-3 times a day.  It's cute.  I can't wait to see his beautiful face.

No comments:

Post a Comment