Monday, January 21, 2013

Jacob's Bracelet



Andrea from http://www.karlandedesigns.com/ has customized her Heart and Stroke Foundation bracelet to make Jacob's Bracelet - pictured above.  It's made with swarovski crystals, and is absolutely beautiful.  I have been wearing mine with pride every day since I received it.  Currently there is a limited supply available through Vanessa Pretty, but soon the bracelet will be available for order on the website.  If you live in our area, you can save the shipping fee by picking it up from Vanessa. Sizing and price is listed below:

Sizes
Sm 6 3/4"
Med 7 1/4"
Lrg 8"
$47.82 + tax

To order contact Vanessa at vanessa_pretty@nf.sympatico.ca , and I will post the website link when it becomes available.

15% of the proceeds will be given to us to help with our journey to Toronto for the surgeries.  Today we were told by the social worker that we will not be able to go on the wait list for Ronald Mcdonald House until the day Jacob is actually born.  So we are looking at a minimum stay of a month (but likely longer) in a hotel or other accommodation.  On the day that Jacob is born we are to seek out the social worker at Sick Kids and start our application - this really frustrates me because obviously the LAST thing on my mind that day will be finding a social worker and filling out a form.  I cannot imagine myself being willing to leave my sweet baby boy on the day of his birth to handle something like that.

We are now anxiously waiting for our trip to TO - the first trip, for the ultrasound and to meet the surgeon and find out exactly what will be done with Jacob's heart in the first surgery.  We leave on Wednesday, hopefully with no delays from snow.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment