Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Toronto, aka Mars

We are in Toronto...the first of many trips over the next few years. And I have to say, Toronto might as well be on Mars for how alienated it makes me feel! The flights were fine, baby Jacob seemed to be awake and active the entire time - maybe he liked the noise and altitude! The pilot sitting next to me asked where we were going on vacation - and after I answered him he didn't say another word to me for the whole flight. I simply said that we were going to Toronto for doctor's appointments - but he apparently couldn't come up a response to that. I miss my sweet Georgia. We talked to her on the phone when we arrived, and she sounds happy and content with her grandparents. Thank you God for providing good caregivers for our girl while we can't be there. We are here with a day to spare, because we didn't trust the weather to let us out of the province. My appointments are on Friday morning, so tomorrow Jon is working from the hotel room and I'm doing nothing - not feeling comfortable enough to wander around downtown Toronto by myself. My mind and heart are very anxious. I'm not sure what to expect at Sick Kids on Friday, or what news we are going to hear after the ultrasound. It is incredibly unfair that we are here, and not at home enjoying a normal pregnancy. But there is a master plan that I can't see or understand. And with the amount of support from our family, friends and church family, Jon and I don't feel alone. Thank you for that.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong for baby Jacob! And your right there are lots of people praying for you and the little guy :)

    ReplyDelete