Friday, March 1, 2013

A check-up with Big Sis


It's been over a week since we received the news of Jacob's second heart condition, Complete Heart Block (CHB), and I wanted to post an update to let you know that our baby boy is a fighter!
I have had 5 ultrasounds since the diagnosis, and in all of them Jacob's lower chamber heart rate has remained steady between 80-90.  The technicians and doctor's love the amount of movement that they get from Jacob during these visits, and there has been no fluid buildup at all.  Jacob is holding on strong.  I will be 34 weeks on Monday and they will give me a new weight for him on that visit as well.

I now do my kick counts many many times a day, as this is my only means of knowing that Jake is doing ok in there.  I am also drinking multiple teas daily in response to the cardiologist's request that I caffienate...Yes, seriously, I have been advised to drink as much tea as I want as it will slightly increase the baby's heart rate.  For those who know me well, you know how  much I love a Tim's steeped tea...and now I get to drink as much as I want :) Still I'm only 2 in 11 for Roll Up The Rim...

This morning Georgia came with Jon and I for our ultrasound.  She is smiling her goofy smile in the above picture.  Georgia was fascinated with the heart rate monitor, and helped the nurse put them on and take them off.  At one point she decided she wanted to lie down too, but I wouldn't let her get into the bed in the next partition, telling her that it was only for Mommies with babies in their bellies.  Georgia's response - "I have a baby in my belly too." She makes my heart smile in so many ways.  Thank you God for my sweet little girl, who will always be my baby too - even when she's eighty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment