Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oh me nerves!

I'm incredibly grateful to be writing this post at my kitchen table, rather than in TO.  As of this morning my suitcase is packed for both myself and Jacob, and about 90% complete - just awaiting the next load of clothes from the dryer.  I had  my routine Obstetrician appointment today, and after waiting 1.5 hours in the waiting room the heart rate monitor showed that Jacob's lower heart
rate was in the 60s.  My OB called the MFAU, who wanted to me to come in right away for another ultrasound.  I was convinced when I walked through those doors today that this was it - we were going.  Heart attack time!

But thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, I was home an hour later.  Jacob's heart rate and fluid were back into his normal range, between 84 and 89.  The doctor was unsure why it dipped to the 60s but did speculate that it may have been because I was lying flat on my back when the OB listened to Jacob's heart rate.  Apparently lying in that position would lower my blood pressure, which may have caused his heart rate to dip.  Whatever the reason, I am just so incredibly glad to be home and  to have at least a few more hours with Georgia and my family.  Right now my nerves are shot - and I plan to spend the evening drinking tea, eating Mr. Munchy's and laughing with my sister.  Crisis averted, at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment